Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Pump Up the Volume


COOL TOOL: It's 10 o'clock. Pirate radio, station KXMS is on the air with your favorite underground DJ, Happy Harry...

Ok, I know it's been a while since I've posted an update. But I've been concentrating on finishing those mini-trees. Got seven done so far. Once I finish ten, I'll set them up and post a preview photo. Also, got about 70% of the song list planned out. Still looking for suggestions. Just send them to projectxmas@gmail.com

Anyway, I was feeling bad for my blogging neglect, so I sped up one of my procurements and ordered a short range FM transmitter, just to have something new to write about. This little guy will enable people to enjoy the music in their ears (at a safe, appropriate volume of course) simply by bring a walkman. I've decided to add a couple of small speakers to the display, but the volume will be kept down low as to not disturb the neighbors.

Well, I received the package today and just had to play, I mean, test it out. Some static can kick in depending on where you stand, but I was able to get a decent signal nearly 50 yards from the station! More than enough for my purposes. Even in front of the house you get a signal. Not bad for a 3"x3" black box. If your curious, check out http://www.ccrane.com/radios/fm-transmitters/fm-transmitter.aspx

Until next time. Talk Hard. Steal the air.